Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hermnation

Welcome to the Nation that is Herm

I heard about these things called blogs on while watching BET so I thought I'd start one of my own. Since I talk too much anyway I thought I'd keep bombarding the world with more of my thoughts and comments. I like sports, watching sports and girls (just to make that clear) but I have an open mind and I'm not afraid to comment on just about anything. The purpose of this blog is to report news and other thoughts mainly of sports, particularly Seattle sports, and other things in the news that catch my attention. I will most likely be lazy and post things in a bullet type format because I write enough already for law school and don't want to in my free time. Let's give this a try:

A little about myself...
--23, white male, slightly to the right of the middle attending law school
--Proud University of Washington Grad in Economics and Geology
--Youngest of three, desires to one day be wealthier than my older brother
--Dolph Lundgren is perhaps the greatest actor...ever...because I'm told I look like him

Teams I Follow like Peter followed Jesus:
Seahawks
Sonics
Mariners
UW Football
UW Basketball
Washington State H.S. Football 3A
The Fighting Meercats (If you don't know about them, you may be a loser)

Teams I Despise More than Bill Walton:
Any team in Oregon, especially the Ducks
Yankees (because the cheat), Braves (because they won't die) and the Oakland A's
Patriots (they're too warm and fuzzy for the NFL) and the Rams (why do they win?)
The Blazers and, of course, the Lakers and their rapest leader Kobe
Anything Notre Dame has to offer (pompous)
All Florida football, I'm tired of seeing them on TV all the time
Arizona basketball (have you been to Tuscon?) and Duke (I tired of people always being on their jocks)

Random Toughts for the day:
Dat Nyugen (LB Dallas) may hang it up after suffering injuries to his neck and leg. A great 8 year NFL LB from Texas A&M who was always thought to be undersized who continually overachieved and kicked ass. I thought when he was drafted we would see the influx of asian players into the NFL, but then again, I look at NCAA rosters and rarely see an asian name on the roster, and no, Houston LB Wong is not asian, he is african american. Maybe UW So. WR Yoshinaga will crack a NFL roster someday...

Mariuchi was fired today by the Detriot Pussies because of "lack of development by their young players". Hmmmm, lets think about this, Kevin Jones is young and is playing well...Mike Williams is young and isn't. What's the difference between the two? Mike Williams is a spoiled rich kid from Florida who whined his way into NCAA sanctions and missed a season at USC, perhaps a lack of maturity? Roy Williams has a drug problem. Mariuchi's fault? No, it's the GM Millen's own damn fault his team sucks. Millen drafts crap players (where did Harrignton go to college?) and blames the coach. Because of his sucking, he gets a five year contract extension? I hope Steve goes to H-town and drafts Vince Young and prepares to kick more ass than Chuck Norris.

The NFL supposedly apologized for their blindness in missing two key reviews in the Seahawks game. Gee, thanks, because of you the Hawks a getting crap from everywhere for not closing out the game when we could have if the refs pulled their thumbs out of their (are we allowed to swear on this website? I won't test it.)

The Hawks (9-2) continue to get no love from major sports sources and have theBears (8-3) and the NY Giants (7-4) (whom the Hawks beat on Sunday) ranked ahead of them. I really hope Indy keeps their starters in on Dec. 24th and we beat them, then finally the Hawks can be ranked 6th in the power rankings. Can anyone say EAST COAST BIAS here????

Speaking of east coast bias; Oregon (10-1) will probably be knocked out of a BCS bowl because of Notre Dame (8-2). Oregon played a superior schedule and has ONE LESS LOSS, but to voters and BCS officials, all that matter is the kizash and ratings. The only numerical support I could think of for this appearant hate crime against poultry is that Oregon lost to USC by over 30 points. In Notre Dame's two losses, they lost by a combined 11 points...

The Sonics need to trade SF/PF Vlad Radmonivich for a PG. Sorry Luke, being from Oregon makes you an automatic underachiever. You don't penetrate (huh huh) into the paint and make plays. I could average 7.1 ast/gm if all I had to do was throw a round ball to playmakers like Allen and Lewis. With our inept PG's Ridnour, Flip Flop and Cleaves we can only hope for bad passes, bad shots and bad decisions. Shultz, look at all the good teams in the NBA, they have clutch players at PG. The Supes last effective PG was Daniels, who we let go and is now excelling in Washington. This is crap, trade for Nate Robinson!! (Did you SEE his game-winning shot a couple nights ago?...sick)

UW is 6-0 and averaging a bagillion points a game against teams like Holy Names Girls Academy. I poke fun at the schedule, but I have to hand it to Romar, it was exactly what Washington needed. With a young team, confidence building is a must, and playing all your players (Zane Potter is 2-2 from three land) gets the team in sync and hyped up for the Zags on Dec. 4th. Go Dawgs

I lost a bet last night on the over-under of a dusting of snow in Seattle...I lost $20. Thing to learn here: gambling can be a problem..but a problem that can win you money.

Roommate work report:
Today he got up and obtained a lock box for his job. He then proceeded to not shower and drove straight to McDonalds. Highlight of my day, they messed up his order and he got a filet-o-fish instead of scrambled chicken feet (aka McNuggets)

Alright, my fingers a tired and I have to study for this thing called law school

More Cowbell!!

Herm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home