Thursday, December 08, 2005

Return of the Mack

Enough of perpituities and executory estates...

Sorry for the absence yesterday, I had to study up for my Property final exam this morning (I think I passed). Because of my lack of attention my email box filled up once again with thousands of emails that need my opinion. Note: the hit counter on the bottom of the screen counts parts per 1000 (51 hits= 51,000 people visited). I filtered all the emails and picked out an NFL only mailbag this week.

From N. Turner in Oakland

Herm, I benched Kerry Collins in favor of a QB named Marques Tuiasosopo. Do you think I'm making the right decision here?

Kerry Collins has always been criticized for his decision making skills since coming to the NFL. Both players had outstanding careers (Kerry Collins led Penn State to 12-0 in 1994 and won the 1995 Rose Bowl) (Tui led UW to an 11-1 record in 2001 leading UW to a Rose Bowl win over Drew Brees and Purdue), but what the Raiders need right now is more options than the pocket quarterback and Tui solves that problem. The Raiders give up a lot of sacks, namely because Collins resembles a statute for than pocket passer and there's no significant attempt at a running game even though they have a great back. If it wasn't for a singificant injury to Tui's leg during his only start of his career filling in for Rich Ganon in 2002, Tui would probably be the starter right now. Tui is the most talented (however not the best) back-up in the NFL and has earned this chance. Go Tui, all of Seattle will be watching (because we clinched and we're playing the San Fran Ballet School on Sunday)

From H. Edwards in Indianapolis,

Should I bench my players to assure a healthy and rested run during the post season or should I go for the 16-0 season?

Can anyone name the suberbowl winner of each of the past seven seasons? No many except 35 year olds that live with their mom. How many people can name the last team that went undeafeated? Everyone knows it was the 1972 Dolphins that went 17-0 and won the superbowl. Dungy, you have the opporunity to be immortalized forever in NFL history, not just be another superbowl winner. Give what everyone in America wants, go for it!

From M. Homgren in Seattle,

I didn't give the long term contract to Shaun Alexander during the preseason this year. Should I give Alexander the long term contract he wants, or draft or go to free agency?

Holmgren, I agreed with your move earlier this season in not signing Alexander, however I think he may have earned it this year. I think that the big reason that Alexander is so good is because of LT Walter Jones and LG Steve Hutchinson. I think that there are backs in the NFL that are better than Alexander (LT, Larry Johnson, or Edgerrin James?) but locking up Alexander for the long term eases the fears of some of the inefficiencies we face (depth at WR and LB). Drafting a RB in the 3+ round could be a good idea for injury concerns because I lack confidence in Maurice Morris because he went to an inferior university.

From T. Dungy in New York,

What do you think my team needs more, a QB or a RB?

QB without question. Chad Pennington was never that good (he threw to Randy Moss at Marshall, anybody could look good doing that except Kerry Collins) and there are no back-ups in New York that are any good. Go out with the #1 pick in the 2005 draft and fetch Vince Young or Matt Lienart.

From R. Bush in Los Angeles,

Where will I end up next year?

My prediction is that you will be the starting running back in San Francisco until they trade you on draft day to the Green Bay Packers who will not give Ahman Green a second look. San Fran does not need another RB, they have a talented back-up (yet oft injured Frank Gore) and they need OL and defense.

Anyway, tired now, need a nap

Herm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home