Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Laid Back, With My Mind On My Money and My Money On My Mind

Coming straight from the streets of SE Bellevue...

For the first time in a month, the sun was out and I was able to roll to class with my windows down and Slipknot blasting. It was still cold so I was sure to turn on the seat warmers as I entered central Seattle. Well, my windows were down until I made a right on Cherry at 34th Ave and then I rolled them up as I entered the central district (see Michael Bolton in Office Space). I don't want to get any looks from the guy that looks like he's crossing the street in front of the AMPM on 23rd Ave but never crosses. Then some WT in a Chrysler Caprice roll up and pretend to just be chatting until some rock gets slanged (that's Eazy-E speak for "passed") through the window.

As I pass 14th out of the ghetto, I roll down my windows again in front of the ESL school. With the chorus of "Pulse of the Maggots" (If you want to take my life you can have it! (WE) are the pulse of the maggots!) blasting, I struck straight fear in the eyes of a pack of Asian students on their smoke break during class. As I glanced over with my menacing white Polo Ralph Lauren hat on, one was so terrified I would jump out and straight up gank him (gank is Eazy-E speak for "rob") he gave me the peace sign. That got me thinking as to the Japanese and other's chances at this year's World Baseball Classic. Man I am a G.

With the lengthy intro out of the way, the WBC will kick off it's inaugural year around the world in MLB's gratuitous attempt to create more revenue from third world countries in Latin America. Selig was licking his chops at the U.S.A.'s potential dominance in the classic until the roster of the Dominican Republic was unveiled. With a batting order that reads; Alfonso Soriano, Adrian Beltre, David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, Sammy Sosa, and Alex Rodriguez for starters, and speaking of starters, pitchers Pedro Martinez and Bartolo Colon round out the uber talent of the DR, Selig is totally crapping his pants. Our roster isn't too shabby either; Griffey, Bonds, Thome, Derek Lee, Texiera, Chipper Jones, and Johnny Damon, with pitchers (among others) Clemens, Johnson, Pettite, Schilling ect., the U.S.A. and D.R. are the favorites. Venezuela has the pitching, Puerto Rico has the batting (and some Puerto Rican guys), the Japanese have the technique, and the Chinese, well, ummmm, the Chinese have Communism and cheap electronics. The WBC is shaping out to be a pretty level playing field with the exception of Australia and the Netherlands (they have all those islands in the Caribbean and stuff like that, ohh, and Andruw Jones).

In other news:
UW beat UCLA in a comeback win down in LA. Lordmar's squad is finally playing with a bit of consistency and if Brockman can get 10-10 (or close to it) a night, UW is sitting pretty in Pac-10 play. Dolph Lundgren, aka Mike Jensen, is back, knocking down threes and playing terrible defense which cancel each other out for all you math nerds out there.

Seahawks RT Sean Locklear has joined my list of felons from last week because he played a little to rough trying to get his girl in line at Bell Town Billiards. She was apparently dancing with another man, and I know exactly who it was. It was the same guy that is always there that looks like Isiah Stanbeck and spits mad game at the ladies. I guess Locklear never heard the joke that starts: What do you say to a woman that has two black eyes? Seriously though, domestic violence isn't funny and is one of the most unreported abused crimes in the U.S.. I hope if he did commit a crime he gets prosecuted. At any rate, he'll be abused on Sunday by Carolina DE Julius Peppers.

Tomorrow check back for my NFL playoffs over/under extravaganza!

Herm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home